Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 Knitting Olympics

Wow, hadn't realized it had been that long since I last posted here. IRC has been my main knitting/craft-related sharing service.

I've decided to join the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, with the Tempest sweater from Knitty. I'm knitting it in Fleece Artist BFL 2/8 in well, what I think are Mermaid and Amethyst, as the LYSs here don't actually label the colors.... so it's a guessing game, honestly.

Click on either for a bigger picture:
Fleece Artist - BFL 2-8 - AmethystFleece Artist - BFL 2-8 - Mermaid

I'm going to try and keep track of my progress here on the blog, and will also try to take pictures (something I tend to forget to do).

Last night I stayed up until 1:15 am to watch both the inside and outside torches be lit, to really be able to cast on once the flame started. I did manage to get 4 rows of the left front started before I dragged my arse to bed.

This morning I've so far purled the hem turning row (rather than do a sewed folded hem as per the pattern, I'm doing a knitted folded hem), and am 1 row past that. I hope to get up to the small stripes for the waist shaping by tonight. That will be a bit of a challenge in itself, as I also have to get around 6-7 hours of work done, plus some chores, and all the other fun stuff. At least the boyfriend (Conn) is working this evening, so I can sit and knit along with some classic rock.

Hope to post again tonight with pictures of my progress!

No comments: