Friday, February 02, 2007

Laceweight goodness...

Well, I finally spun up that 30/70 silk/merino into approx. 215 yards of laceweight 2-ply goodness. It's a pinky grey, which I normally don't like, but it's all MINE!!

After looking at several patterns and trying out a few, I've decided on Knitty's Branching Out, and am knitting it with 3 repeats on 2.75 mm needles. I'm only halfway through the first repeat, but it looks like it will come out well.

One thing I've noticed, though, about my spinning is I really tend to overspin. The first ply of this definitely has more twist than the second ply, and so the yarn is a bit stiffer than I would have liked. Good thing is, though, that I have lots of the original 100g left (the ball of 2-ply is 23g). So I can play with making a second ball of laceweight. I also want to try other colorways from Ashland Bay. :) Or maybe from ebay, where I've also found several colorways in the 30/70 I want to try, soon as I get some cash.

I'll update with pictures hopefully Tuesday, as Mondays are when I get to my friend's place with her camera.

No comments: